Ordered today, shipped next business day from our own nursery
Pond Substrate - 40 liters - 2 bags per 1 m² pond bottom
- 40 L covers 1 m² | 10 cm↕
- Porous for root growth
- Clear water filter
Price incl. VAT, excl.GoGreen shipping costs from 4.95
In stock, in house within 2 working days.
- Organic grown and sustainably shipped
- Customers give us a 4,5/5
- Since 1986 Supplied from our own family nursery
- Buy now, pay later with Klarna
- 100% growth and flowering guarantee
- Additional information
- Shipping and delivery
- Ordering and Payment
- Warranty and quality
Pond substrate, the most important foundation for the pond
These porous stone granules are very important to create a stable pond environment. In the substrate, bacteria can develop that are important for keeping the pond water clear. Also, the layer of substrate creates a stable soil to which plants can attach.
Substrate, a must for the natural pond
Thanks in part to the substrate, the pond can be balanced and filters and pumps are not needed to keep the water clear.
Simons advice for pond substrate
Apply a layer of substrate of about 8 - 10 cm, which is about 2 bags per square meter for an average pond.
Follow our step-by-step plan for a virtually maintenance-free pond.
- After your pond has been dug and the liner laid (or a ready-made bank installed), it's time to set up the pond.
- Provide a layer of Waterworld pond substrate. This porous rock should be applied in a layer of about 8 to 10 centimeters to the bottom of your pond. We recommend 2 bags of substrate per square meter. This substrate is the foundation of your pond. Do not skimp on this! This soil ensures that your pump and filter less often need to be cleaned by that they are hardly loaded. Your substrate soil is in fact a large filter.
- Put plenty of water lilies in the pond. These water lilies provide shelter for your fish. The water lily leaves also block out the sun so the water becomes less warm and there will be less algae growth.
- Sufficient oxygen plants are very important for balance, clear water and shelter for marine life. Oxygen plants also block out the sun. Many oxygen plants will take root in the substrate and will absorb silt and use it as nutrition which will help these plants grow well. Our recommendation is 5 plants per 1,000 gallons of water.
- Marsh plants with a good root system will filter the water and also reduce waste products in the water. We have selected the right species for you. Through our experience we know exactly which plants are best and also hardy. Our advice is 4 plants per square meter.
- Floating plants is are the last plants to block the sun. These tend to be decorative as well.
- Bacteria should be added to start a new pond. If you have an existing pond you should start it up in the spring as well. Our advice is to use 2 Clearzyme Block per 1000 liters of water.
The result, clear water, biological balance will ensure that you can enjoy to the fullest!
What are the shipping costs?
Delivery time working days
|United Kingdom (UK)||X||X|
When will I receive my order?
The average delivery time is 1 to 2 business days, if items are immediately in stock. Items not in stock take a little longer to arrive. We make every effort to meet the promised delivery time. If this unexpectedly fails, we will notify you. After your order you will receive a track & trace code. Keep an eye on it for the most current information.
By whom is delivery performed?
We work together with the delivery service DHL. As soon as your order leaves our door, you will receive a track & trace code with which you can track your package. DHL makes an attempt to deliver the package on the indicated shipping date. Are you not at home? Then the deliverer will try to deliver the package to the neighbors. If this also fails, the package will be taken to the nearest DHL service point. Here it remains for you to pick up for 5 days. DHL always leaves a bill with instructions. Also via the track & trace code you can see where your package can be picked up.
How can I track my order?
After placing your order, you will receive a track & trace code (DHL). Through this code you will find the most current status of your order.
How can I pay?
Whichever payment method you choose, you will always pay securely.
- iDEAL: for anyone with a Dutch bank card.
- Credit card: the amount is reserved and not debited until the item is delivered.
- PayPal: secure online payment through your own PayPal account.
- Bancontact / Mister Cash: online payment method via your own internet banking environment.
- Klarna: pay for your order in arrears only after you receive the item.
Where do I find my invoice?
After your order, you will receive an invoice via email.
We also store your invoice online in your account. So you can easily access and print your invoices as often as you like.
Will I receive an invoice with my order?
No, we never send an invoice with the order itself. Therefore, if the order is a gift, feel free to send it directly to the recipient. The invoice will be sent to the e-mail address known to us.
Do I have a warranty on my plants?
Our plants are grown with the utmost care. Special attention is paid to the development and growth of the plant. When packing your order, quality control also takes place. So you can be sure that the plants you purchase from us are core healthy.
Did you receive plants and you are not sure about the quality? Please let us know within 48h after delivery, using this form. Enclose a photo so that we can look at the plants with you and advise you. If it turns out that the plants really are not of good quality, we will of course guarantee your purchase.
All other (non-living) items you buy from us are covered by the legal warranty. Legal warranty means that a product is or should do what the consumer can reasonably expect it to do. A manufacturer's warranty also applies to some products.
How long is the warranty valid?
If you are found to be entitled to the grow and bloom warranty, it is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
What is my warranty certificate?
Your invoice or proof of purchase is also your warranty certificate. You can keep your invoice in your account. That way you will never lose it again. Handy, right?
CSR: corporate social responsibility
Van der Velde Waterplants is pursuing the 17 global goals. We believe that together we can make a difference. Cooperation is essential to progress. We support people who are distanced from the labor market. We spare the environment by not using chemical pesticides, if necessary we use biological control. Plastic is avoided as much as possible and recycled. By keeping up with developments in packaging, we have an increasing percentage of biodegradable packaging available.
Sustainable MPS certified
Acting honestly and openly, ensuring transparency, reliability and clarity. Ensuring a healthier and better world. This is what Van der Velde Waterplants stands for. With the certification of MPS-Florimarkt TraceCert and Global G.A.P. GGN Floriculture, we would like to underline this.
All our plants are organically fertilized at the nursery and grown without pesticides. After this, the plants are put into rest (hibernation). As a result, the plants do not begin their growth process until they are placed in the pond.
FSC paper and recycled plastic
We strive to produce our products and packaging as co2 neutral as possible, using PLA and PET plastic packaging and FSC certified paper.
GoGreen Climate Neutral Shipping
Through our partner DHL, we ship all our packages under the so-called GoGreen Climate Neutral service. With this service DHL calculates the CO2 emissions per shipment and compensates those emissions by investing in environmentally friendly projects.
This is what our customers say!
Swamp full of aquatic plants
Thanks to Simon Van der Velde I have a nice clean swamp full of water plants again! (Finally free of annoying algae...) Clear advice, fast delivery, and : a passionate honest nature loving grower with one goal : to find the best solution !
My pond is a small world full of biodiversity.
I bought a water lily, oxygen plants and some more aquatic greenery for my mini toad pool in a specimen tub. The water stays beautifully clear and the aquatic plants grow like cabbage. Sometimes damselflies dance above the tiny lilies. A climate-proof mini-oasis for our dry summers!
Very good service
Over the years had poor quality plants that break down every year. Until I came to this company. Good advice from Simon, he just tells you exactly what you need and what does and doesn't work. Very personal good service and someone who takes the time for you. Read More
Great selection of plants with extensive information. Order was delivered promptly and arrived neatly packaged in a sturdy box. Plants and accessories were in separate, matching packages so everything was in great condition, there was nothing mixed up. Read More
Super fast delivery. The price-quality is really quite good. A complete package with a clear description. This simply cannot fail. Already within a few days the first leaves of the water lily were visible on the water surface. Here I order so again!!!
Excellent supplier for healthy pond: fast, knowledgeable, well packaged.
Made several orders a few times. Communication is great, they respond super fast and knowledgeable. Ordered moss balls a few times so far, crabber and stuff for algae control. Read more